Lead

May 13 16 12:57 PM

Tags : :

Welcome to this special edition of "Number One Says," where I will review the second round (Division Finals) of this year's Stanley Cup Playoffs. Here we go:

Atlantic Division

Lightning vs Islanders:  This was, surprisingly, a one-sided series. And I say surprisingly, because the Isles continued their roll and won Game One of the series over the Bolts. However, the Bolts showed why they finished as the Eastern Conference Champions last year:  timely goals, and stellar goaltending by Ben Bishop, leading TB to the East Finals once again.

Metropolitan Division

Capitals vs Penguins:  As expected, Crosby vs Ovechkin was hard-hitting and close, but as I also expected, it ended with the Caps again failing to get past the second round. Caps won two games, but only the Game Five win was definitive; they needed an Oshie hat trick to win Game One in OT. Pens seemed to get all of the goals at the right time, and that's why they moved on.

Central Division

Stars vs Blues:  Not surprisingly, this series was gritty and went down to the wire. Blues in seven was the prediction I made, and like all of my predictions, they came true. However, I was not expecting Game Seven to be so lopsided, it was like the Stars completely gave up. 

Pacific Division

Sharks vs Predators:  A tight and gripping series that saw the home team win every single game. Like the Central series, it ended with a lopsided Game Seven, with five pucks going past him in last night's decider. Sharks appear to be on a mission, and that mission took them to the West Final for the fourth time in their 25 year history.

That's my review of the Division Finals, and the Conference Finals start tonight!. So with that, I ask this question. What two teams will face each other in the Stanley Cup Final?