Lead

Aug 14 16 8:25 AM

Tags : :

The week in women's wrestling began on Raw with Sasha Banks facing off against Dana Brooke, with the chance to eliminate Dana from ringside at SummerSlam:

After another mishap during Eva Marie's debut, Becky Lynch ended up facing off against Alexa Bliss:

Later on, Carmella and Natalya finally faced off one-on-one:

On the following evening's NXT, Billie Kay faced off against Liv Morgan:

Gail Kim's quest continued on the next night's Impact Wrestling, as she competed against Marti Bell:

And that's the week in a nutshell! Thoughts:

In all of this mayhem in the Knockouts Division, the evil Rebel has been MIA. It was almost a year ago that Rebel became a villainess and joined the now-defunct Dollhouse faction, which consisted of Jade and Marti Bell and was led by Taryn Terrell. The Dollhouse split up in April, and it has been exactly that long since Rebel has appeared on TV. Her last appearance was at Knockouts Knockdown 4; a victorious outing against Shelly Martinez. And we know that Rebel did not participate in this week's tapings, so one has to wonder if she'll remain in TNA.

tM9mTE.jpg

The more I see Billie Kay on NXT, the more I absolutely adore her. It still amazes me how well she is doing as a heel. In her indie days as Jessie McKay, she was a devout babyface, going by the nickname, "Everybody's Favorite Girlfriend." I had only seen her heel side twice, and one of those times was against future NXT talent KC Cassidy (Peyton Royce). 2016 has been good to BK so far, as she actually appeared on SmackDown a few months ago. Her main roster exposure has been used to further her arrogant persona, and we have seen her pick up victories against Santana Garrett and Liv Morgan on NXT. One has to wonder if she'll be pushed heading into the end of the year and into early 2017. 

Women Superstars Uncensored has announced their latest event, Resurgence 2, set to take place on September 10. The main event is set, and it will feature Cherry Bomb defending the WSU Championship against Mia Yim; a battle between two TNA Knockouts. Cherry Bomb has been WSU Champion since last May, and is still going strong since coming back from her injury. If memory serves me correctly, this will be Mia's first shot at the WSU Championship, and this should be a fantastic main event. The only other match announced has Leva Bates defending the Spirit Championship against Su Yung, who will have Chrissy Rivera in her corner.

Last but not least, happy belated birthday to former WWE Women's Champion Sable, who turned 49 this past Monday. Sable remains one of my faves, and was the main reason I began watching SmackDown again back in 2003. Sable's career began in 1996, but she would be pushed as a competitor in 1998 and go on to capture the Women's Championship at that year's Survivor Series. Sable turned heel after being featured on the cover of Playboy in 1999, and eventually dropped the title to Debra in a bikini contest. 2003 saw Sable return to WWE and continue acting as a villainess in an angle with Torrie Wilson, which actually featured Sable constantly seducing Torrie. She spent most of 2003 as Vince McMahon's mistress and also feuded with Stephanie McMahon before aligning with Torrie in early 2004, turning Sable face for the first time since early 1999. Sable and Torrie defeated Miss Jackie and Stacy Keibler at WrestleMania XX, but months later, Sable became a villainess again and reignited her feud with Torrie. At the Great American Bash, the evil Sable defeated Torrie, but she lost the rematch on SmackDown. Sable departed WWE later that year, this time on good terms, and it was in that same year that she married Brock Lesnar.

A new week begins tomorrow and will end at Takeover and SummerSlam! Regarding the KOs, Gail Kim and Jade will face each other, but the week will be centered around Asuka/Bayley and Sasha/Charlotte!