Lead

Sep 4 16 11:12 AM

Tags : :

The week in women's wrestling began on Raw with Bayley and Dana Brooke in six-person tag team action:

The following night's SmackDown Live featured Alexa Bliss and Natalya competing against Becky Lynch and Naomi:

On NXT the following night, Liv Morgan faced off against Aliyah:

The next night on Impact Wrestling, Maria Kanellis ruins Allie's big moment:

And that's the week in a nutshell! Thoughts:

Friday's SHINE 37 event saw the long awaited heel turn from LuFisto, beginning with her demand to replace Allysin Kay (who couldn't attend due to the hurricane in FL) as Ivelisse's SHINE Championship opponent. LuFisto stated that she had been denied by Shine officials and that they didn't want her to be their "poster girl." This brought out Ivelisse, with Amanda Rodriguez, and she accepted LuFisto's challenge. After the match was made, the evil LuFisto attacked Amanda from behind and delivered her Burning Hammer move to Ivelisse's cohort.

LuFisto was unsuccessful against Ivelisse, and she later cemented herself as a villainess when she joined Kennadi Brink, Amber Gallows, and Andréa in attacking Amanda Rodriguez and any other incoming babyfaces. The quartet banded together due to their shared bitterness at Shine, with all of them claiming that they have been held back by the powers that be. I've wanted LuFisto to turn heel for a long while; as ruthless as she is, I've often thought that she'd be a terrific villainess. One has to wonder how far this will go for her, and by that, I mean will LuFisto take her heel persona to SHIMMER of QoC? 

Lucha Underground returns in three days, which brings me to this bit of personal news:  Catrina followed me on Twitter! The follow came two weeks ago, just hours after SummerSlam ended, so now I have two LU women following me on Twitter--the other being Kobra Moon. Catrina (real name Karlee Leilani Perez, twitter handle @KarleeLeilani) is the evil femme fatale of LU, serving as the valet for Mil Muertes. She has also been targeting Ivelisse on more than one occasion, including attacking her during her match against Taya on the Ultima Lucha finale.

Another one of my faves, Tracy Taylor, followed me as well! Tracy is a regular at Shine Wrestling, in fact she was part of Friday's event; participating in a four way match against Amber Gallows, Kennadi Brink, and Leva Bates. Tracy is another one I've wanted to turn heel, especially back when she and Su Yung were together as The West Coast Connection. She would be a good fit with the new villainous faction known as C4.

A new week begins tomorrow and will end at Backlash, where the first ever SmackDown Women's Champion will be crowned. We will also see the fallout from Maria Kanellis stealing the Knockouts Championship, and Women Superstars Uncensored will be back in action with Resurgence 2 on Saturday!