Remove this ad

ironpig

first sergeant

#21 [url]

Jul 21 11 11:32 AM

I must compliment you lb. That is a very beautiful avatar. You have excellent taste.smile

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

lb

master sergeant

#22 [url]

Jul 22 11 6:56 AM

I must compliment you lb. That is a very beautiful avatar. You have excellent taste.[image]

-ironpig

Thanks.smile

Who me?

Quote    Reply   

slashasterisk

I need a life.

#26 [url]

Mar 18 12 3:37 AM

Contessa showed up anchoring the WNBC NY local newscast this morning. Not sure if she was also doing it yesterday, too, or if it will be a regular gig or not. The normal weekend WNBC news anchor/co-anchors have been doing it for awhile, they aren't my favorites, so I don't normally have WNBC on during the weekends.

/*

Quote    Reply   

slashasterisk

I need a life.

#28 [url]

Mar 18 12 10:15 PM

Hey CG!!

I guess I don't get out enough. I completely missed these. Any news that she's replacing Erika on the weekend show? Is Erika still with WNBC?

Thanks!

Quote    Reply   

cg

private

#29 [url]

Mar 19 12 5:07 AM

Erika is officially on maternity leave. Contessa said on twitter that she will be helping out at WNBC so I guess it's safe to assume that she will be the weekend co-anchor until Erika returns.

Quote    Reply   

paulg85

sergeant major

#30 [url]

Mar 19 12 9:26 AM

How come she doesn't appear as an anchor on MSNBC anymore?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

kirbbdogg

private first class

#34 [url]

Mar 20 12 1:38 AM

I think she got pushed out for Alex Wagner. And Alex's show is not that great to began with. Or with the loss of her baby. She may have just took a step back and left.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Mar 20 12 2:36 AM

I think she got pushed out for Alex Wagner. And Alex's show is not that great to began with. Or with the loss of her baby. She may have just took a step back and left.

-kirbbdogg

Oh no, it wasn't her choice.  I saw her final hour, as did many.  She was removed.  And don't believe everything you read on twitter.  In fact, the only thing you should believe is when someone says 'I'll be on this show at such and such time'.  Everything else is network politics.  Either that, or just lines of BS.  For example, over a year ago or so...maybe closer to 2 years ago, Contessa tweeted that she would never do the Today show because 'it wasn't the right format for her'.    The average dumbass ate that right up.  When in reality, there isn't a better format for her on any NBC program.  See, only those that kiss the right asses get to be on the Toogay Show.  Contessa isn't an ass kisser.

Oh and Alex Wagner's show is unwatchable, must like every other MSNBC show except Jansing and Co.  I try to like Morning Joe, but the overuse of the moving shot is beyond tacky.  Who's directing that?  Uwe Boll?

Quote    Reply   

kirbbdogg

private first class

#36 [url]

Mar 20 12 3:28 AM

look at the ratings. Alex is show is not as good as Contessa's was. It's a rip off of the five without the leg shots. Network politcs and bad management is why MSNBC will never beat Fox. There is dead weight on the network. But it was not Contessa. 

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Mar 20 12 5:24 AM

. There is dead weight on the network. But it was not Contessa. 

-kirbbdogg

And it never was her.  If anything, Contessa brought in viewers with her uhm.. on-air goofs.

Quote    Reply   

slashasterisk

I need a life.

#38 [url]

Mar 20 12 10:33 PM

And it never was her.  If anything, Contessa brought in viewers with her uhm.. on-air goofs.

-gambit

I didn't watch Contessa's show on MSNBC.

If her current performance on the local newscast is indicative of how she was on MSNBC, I can understand why they canned her. Its very much like she was/is unprepared and unable to clearly and smoothly read a teleprompter. I know people are going to hate reading this, but that is my honest assessment of watching her Sunday morning and in a couple of quick spots since then. Or, maybe the teleprompter was broken. But her performance was pretty bad.

Quote    Reply   

kirbbdogg

private first class

#40 [url]

Mar 22 12 2:38 AM

Those on air goffs were what made her real and like a normal person. MSNBC's other iusse's is almost everyone on air thinks and acts like there in puplic office or there in some coutray club talking down to you. Wreather you like Fox's politcs or not. Everyone on Fox talks is a normal person  As far as the today show think I think she would not be a good fit on that show. The Today show is a joke now. When they spend 12 mins on segment for Matt Laiure to interview that redneck who taped himself shooting his kids laptop. And posted it on youtube. And plus they made the mistake not putting Amy Roboc in Marideth's spot

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help