Remove this ad

ironpig

first sergeant

#21 [url]

Jun 17 11 10:50 AM

I agree completely with what janeller said. The short version of the whole thing. It's an excellent move for Norah and an outstanding buisness decision by CBS.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

kirbbdogg

private first class

#22 [url]

Jun 17 11 11:56 AM

she has every right to be. I think her Courtney Hazlett and and a few other's have been put on the back burner, To me cable news should be for the younger demo. And what works for Bondcast news does not work for cable and vice versa, And in the case of MSNBC other then the back stage poitlcs. Peolpe like Norah Courtney Contessa Brewer Vronica Del Curz Lynn Berry. They are young and are the one's MSNBC should have been pushing. Not peolpe like Andrea Mitchell who should never have gotten her own show. The other iusse I see with MSNBC is not ther potlics that's ok. They go over board on and not talk about other storys. I also thinkg there is bad management plays a facter as well. Norah is latest to jump ship. It has to make you wonder what is going on at NBC news in genral. Keith left and from reading his interview's put that's a Jeff Zucker more then anything else. Tirsh Regan Erin Bernet Dan abrums. and now there roumers floting around that Joe and Mika might jump shit to CBS or CNN. as far as Joe and Mika go that would be the best thing to happen to MSNBC becuae i think them and peolpe like them are part of the probume. All kidding aside it does make you wonder

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Jun 17 11 3:10 PM

she has every right to be. I think her Courtney Hazlett and and a few other's have been put on the back burner, To me cable news should be for the younger demo. And what works for Bondcast news does not work for cable and vice versa, And in the case of MSNBC other then the back stage poitlcs. Peolpe like Norah Courtney Contessa Brewer Vronica Del Curz Lynn Berry. They are young and are the one's MSNBC should have been pushing. Not peolpe like Andrea Mitchell who should never have gotten her own show. The other iusse I see with MSNBC is not ther potlics that's ok. They go over board on and not talk about other storys. I also thinkg there is bad management plays a facter as well. Norah is latest to jump ship. It has to make you wonder what is going on at NBC news in genral. Keith left and from reading his interview's put that's a Jeff Zucker more then anything else. Tirsh Regan Erin Bernet Dan abrums. and now there roumers floting around that Joe and Mika might jump shit to CBS or CNN. as far as Joe and Mika go that would be the best thing to happen to MSNBC becuae i think them and peolpe like them are part of the probume. All kidding aside it does make you wonder

-kirbbdogg

as far as Andrea Mitchell goes, she may look as old as her husband, but she's still got some youth like Norah and etc. Yes, NBC is shifting massively, but you have to understand that changes happen and with good reason...it's to allow stuff like Meredith leaving to allow Ann Curry, Natalie and Savannah to move in and give new life into the TODAY show (just one prime example...) and plus, Ann was passed over twice (i believe) for promotion and so her getting the anchor job was clutch (tough) but clutch.

Now as for Joe and Mika, they didnt approach the CNN prez like as to get pitch a new idea or etc, the three of them were just having casual talk and etc. CBS, however, wouldnt work for Mika as she's had to bounce back massively from being dumped when she was 39 and we all know she won't move from msnbc AGAIN. And besides, it's better that she stay @msnbc and keep Morning Joe as it is instead of going back to cbs news and face that awkardness of being where she once was during the All Things At Once period.

Quote    Reply   

kirbbdogg

private first class

#25 [url]

Jun 17 11 4:00 PM

That's what Joe and Mika say. I don't buy it. I could see them doing something like that. Also as far as CBS go's there ex producer Chris lit is now the head of CBS news. And Mediaite did report something about. CBS maybe trying to get moring joe. Joe atlest is under contract till 2012. Mika I'm not sure of. So as far Mika feeling unesly at CBS. I know about Ann getting the shaft as far as the today show. As was Camble Brown. Who I feel did get the shaft. I'm happy for Ann and Savanna and Nat. I just don't see why it was a big deal that Ann got it. She has Dateline why would she want the Today show ? I aslo agree with Gambit with that statement. About Norah not being named Savannah or Tamron. I myself thought Norah would have replaced Savnnavh on Daily rundown. I think Savannah was the one carying Chuck todd anyway. And whithout her I don't chuck lasting past 6 months. And on a side note. How old is andrea. She looks like she's 60 and reminds me Susin Luicc for All My Children.  As far as change's go. The one thing that stays the same is change. The question is is this this for the good  for MSNBC ?

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Jun 18 11 7:26 AM

That's what Joe and Mika say. I don't buy it. I could see them doing something like that. Also as far as CBS go's there ex producer Chris lit is now the head of CBS news. And Mediaite did report something about. CBS maybe trying to get moring joe. Joe atlest is under contract till 2012. Mika I'm not sure of. So as far Mika feeling unesly at CBS. I know about Ann getting the shaft as far as the today show. As was Camble Brown. Who I feel did get the shaft. I'm happy for Ann and Savanna and Nat. I just don't see why it was a big deal that Ann got it. She has Dateline why would she want the Today show ? I aslo agree with Gambit with that statement. About Norah not being named Savannah or Tamron. I myself thought Norah would have replaced Savnnavh on Daily rundown. I think Savannah was the one carying Chuck todd anyway. And whithout her I don't chuck lasting past 6 months. And on a side note. How old is andrea. She looks like she's 60 and reminds me Susin Luicc for All My Children.  As far as change's go. The one thing that stays the same is change. The question is is this this for the good  for MSNBC ?

-kirbbdogg

oh gosh, i dont know where to start on disagreeing with you....i'm just gonna say that with all things above, i dont agree with, but like or not, we all have the right to our own opinion, so thank you for stating it loud and clear :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

kirbbdogg

private first class

#27 [url]

Jun 18 11 9:53 AM

I'm not trying to offend or show any disrepect to you liljade225. Everything I know is what i have read on Mediaite and the ratings from TVbythenumbers. And from what i see from watching. and from the outside looking in something up.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jun 18 11 10:59 AM

I'm not trying to offend or show any disrepect to you liljade225. Everything I know is what i have read on Mediaite and the ratings from TVbythenumbers. And from what i see from watching. and from the outside looking in something up.

-kirbbdogg

I know you mean no offense; it's actually rather cool that you have the facts cause i sure as hell dont haha :)

Quote    Reply   

kirbbdogg

private first class

#29 [url]

Jun 18 11 11:13 AM

also if they are they would be smart not to say anything. Because David Shuster was talking to CNN and even flimed a show for them while under contract with MSNBC. They found out and Dvaid got canned and had to wait out his contract for a year till he could even say something. He deined it and medaite comferd it. Understand what I'm saying so if Joe and Mika are talking to other networks they will not come out and say it.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jun 19 11 3:51 AM

also if they are they would be smart not to say anything. Because David Shuster was talking to CNN and even flimed a show for them while under contract with MSNBC. They found out and Dvaid got canned and had to wait out his contract for a year till he could even say something. He deined it and medaite comferd it. Understand what I'm saying so if Joe and Mika are talking to other networks they will not come out and say it.

-kirbbdogg

Actually they came out and said it didnt happen last week. Some NYT columnist said they were talking with the head hancho from CNN about moving Morning Joe from msnbc to CNN and Joe/Mika came out and said it never happened that way. The three of them spoke, had a few laughs and then moved on. I know cause i watched the show...

Quote    Reply   

kirbbdogg

private first class

#31 [url]

Jun 19 11 11:23 AM

I saw the clip on mediaite. Like I said we'll see what happens between now and the end of 2012. anyway on Medaite there is columnist that has a story up right now about Norah's leaving NBC. If you or anyone want to read it go to www.mediaite.com and look for the title is Norah O' Donnell Defection from NBC the biggest for the network in Nearly twd decades ? quite possibly. It tell you what i've been saying all along about NBC.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help