Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jun 5 11 9:42 PM

First Class was good. I like the whole origins theme throwback. I liked Azaezul, I think hes my favorite mutant in the whole series except for maybe Victor. January Jones had me at attention the entire time she was on screen. Rose byrne surprisingly not some much in this one. I loved how Logan told Proff X and Magneto to go fck themselves upon the recruiting attempt. As much as I did like the movie, I would have probably liked it a whole lot more if it were maybe the third installment as opposed to the fifth. the story was clever, but the whole mutant theme is starting to get a just a little bit old. some of the same stuff is being used over. the subplot of the young mutants feeling out of touch with regular people is the same issue rogue had in the first one. And the mutants who can change appearances for the old bait and switch was used in the original when the Senators stance changed from anti mutant to pro mutant. and again in this one when the general was  duplicated to change his stance on missile placements in Turkey. Am I rambling? All in all it was good, but like I said, 5th installment in the mutant series.

-jj29

jj29 I saw it Saturday. I did give it 7/10. The story was good, the graphics were well "xmen style" there was nothing really bad about the film but there wasn't anything great either. As you said it is the 5th installment. I think I have seen the rest of them. It wasn't bad to waste 2 and a half hours away (including trailers).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jokerpace

sergeant first class

#23 [url]

Jun 7 11 5:43 PM

BLACK NARCISSUS
BLACK NARCISSUS (1947)

One of the best examples of technicolor ever! 

This British visual masterpiece shows what human beings could do with some pastels and photos, before computers. 

If you are a director or director wannabe WATCH THIS MOVIE I'm sure your favorite director knows it well.  Or if you are just a huge movie fan and want to see some true artistic ingenuity this is a must watch.

I only saw it once but it seemed to me to be ahead of its time in so many ways.  The acting is some of the best I have ever seen in cinema. 

The faces of the nun's hurl you into the madness and ghosts that lurk behind their holy robes.  The decent in the madness is one of the most chilling I have seen, and that includes modern performances. 

It must be dirty work being a nun.  The true believers, go into the belly of the beast of humanity, the kind of stuff most of society runs from.
8.5/10 IMO
because they had so much less to create with back then, but what they created was so much more
It is generally credited as ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FILMS OF ALL TIMES!

Here is a IMDB synopsis:
Black Narcissus is a story of ghosts, wind, faith, frustration, sexual tension and madness

Sister Clodah is dispatched with four other nuns to establish a new convent far in the Himalayas. It's a difficult journey and their new house is a ramshackle old building on the edge of a cliff that had been abandoned by a religious Brotherhood many years before. They soon establish a school and an infirmary though the local General's agent, Mr. Dean, warns them against treating the deathly ill as they would no doubt be blamed if the patient doesn't recover. The location, the culture and the mountain air all begin to have a strange effect on the Sisters. Sister Clodagh, who is also on her first assignment as Sister Superior, begins to remember a romance she had as a young woman before entering the sisterhood. Another however, becomes obsessed with Mr. Dean, which leads to tragedy.

Morality is temporary. Wisdom is permanent. HST Hypocrite lecteur, -mon semblable, -mon frère!

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Jun 10 11 10:30 AM

"THE WOMAN"

I was looking for something original in the horror genre and stumbled across this. Correct or not,  IMDb puts in the horror category. And apparently that was the result of many who saw it. Check out this guys reaction:  http://bitchinfilmreviews.com/sundance-the-woman/ 
All I can say is the movie grabs you 'instantly'! After that it was impossible not to want to know what happened next. Was it a horror flick? I say yes - nothing we haven't seen in a million others. But the characters, plot, cinematography and even the music make it a bit more disturbing than I think many are used to. I mean the bad guy gets his just deseves and all that but it I'm not sure that will be enough for many. But it hooked me good. I definitely got what I was looking for - original, at least for me and very engrossing.
I found a good copy. (PM me if interested).
Here's the IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1714208/usercomments

My Kiran Chetry "Vintage" Videos hotfile.com/list/1989756/8e1f4ba

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Jun 18 11 1:52 PM

If you have never watched a foreign move with subtitles then make Daywatch and Nightwatch your first. It's almost impossible to resist the non-stop action, special effects and riveting plot. You will never see a better "Underwold" type movie ever!! EVER!!  It puts "Underworld" to shame.  Daywatch, the sequal is so awesome I would almost say watch it first then go back and see how everything came to be. Do not doubt me on this one!!!

My Kiran Chetry "Vintage" Videos hotfile.com/list/1989756/8e1f4ba

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jun 21 11 5:11 AM

Green Lantern (2d version)

I went to see this film on Sunday. The graphics were excellent. I can see they have cleared up graphics even compared to The Matrix which (in my opinion) was the best for it's time.  The story was ok. It was standard DC Comics. I had already seen some Green lantern in TV cartoons but the story on the earthling was new to me.

It wasn't bad, i enjoyed it. It was 7-8 out of 10.

The actors did the best job they could. I couldn't fnd many mistakes. Unlike Tron legacy which I saw lawst year in 3d, you could watch this in 2d (even again).

Bad Teacher

Oh this is a BAD film. You have probably seen the trailer. that s probably the best parts of it. Cameron Diaz was ok and Justin Timberlake I couldn't really believe. Most of the other cast just had other quirky things with them.  Within 20 minutes of the start I was wondering when it would finish,. I thought about leaving the cinema (I can't remember the last time I felt that way).

The best bit was the last 10 minutes. Don't see it, download it. If its on television. Dont go out to watch it if something else is on. 2 out of 10.

Quote    Reply   

jokerpace

sergeant first class

#29 [url]

Jun 21 11 6:09 AM

green lantern looks like a green turd to me, so does Bad Teacher. 

I'd never waste my money on either. 
If I wanted to look at something with style but no substance I'd go down to the coffee shop and look at the baristas poor coffee.

I narrowly escaped going to Bad Teacher but I stood my ground.

Green Lantern is the number one movie in a batch of shit movies, congrats Hollywood. 

Morality is temporary. Wisdom is permanent. HST Hypocrite lecteur, -mon semblable, -mon frère!

Quote    Reply   

paulg85

sergeant major

#30 [url]

Jun 21 11 8:59 AM

I've heard some early reviews saying Bay actually stepped it up with Transformers DOTM. This is his last (or so he says) T movie. Will anyone here be seeing it? What do you think of the 3D aspect of it?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ninja

master sergeant

#31 [url]

Jun 22 11 6:22 AM

Green Lantern is the number one movie in a batch of shit movies, congrats Hollywood. 

-jokerpace

Having never seen it, I'd say thats kinda harsh. From what I've heard its not as bad as the reviews say. The most common thing though would be Hector Hammonds role in it. I also heard Sinestro was excellent in it.

Theres room for improvement it sounds and with a sequel more than likely happening, no doubt the script should improve......hopefully.

Quote    Reply   

jokerpace

sergeant first class

#33 [url]

Jun 24 11 3:32 AM

I think Captain America looks way better than Green Lantern but I'll probably hit that up at the dollar theater unless it blows certain people I know away.

If its not the Dark Knight its a FAIL.. JK not really

Quote    Reply   

jj29

sergeant first class

#35 [url]

Jun 24 11 3:51 AM

-jokerpace

smileThe truth hurts sometimes.
Actually  #1 movie based on a comic "Punisher" the original with Travolta and Tom Jane (IMO)

Quote    Reply   

ninja

master sergeant

#36 [url]

Jun 24 11 9:33 AM

-jokerpace

I actually preferred Batman Begins to TDK. Both fantastic films though.

Quote    Reply   

jokerpace

sergeant first class

#37 [url]

Jun 24 11 12:02 PM

Actually  #1 movie based on a comic "Punisher" the original with Travolta and Tom Jane (IMO)

-jj29

I like the orginal "The Punisher" (1989) with Dolph Lundgren its so cheesy and violent its good in a bad way

I also like Batman Begins, probably as much as TDK...

I have no time for Thor or Green Lantern or Green Hornet or the kind....

Quote    Reply   

paulg85

sergeant major

#40 [url]

Jun 28 11 4:19 AM

Know how much the midnight showing of Transformers is 12.50.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help