Remove this ad

jj29

sergeant first class

#381 [url]

Jan 1 13 8:33 AM

Machine Gun Preacher with Gerard Butler was an incredibly awesome movie. When I first spotted the title I thought I was going to be watching another generic action movie. Not the case. this was a movie based on real people, and a story everyone should know about

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jokerpace

sergeant first class

#382 [url]

Jan 1 13 1:02 PM

Tarantino (Unchained)
Djano 
"The 'D' is silent hillbilly."

This movie blew my mind.  Leo is great.  Jamie Foxx is great.  Of course Christoph Waltz is fantastic.  Samuel L. Jackson is disturbing and hilarious.  Don Johnson is an excellent and humorous racist.

If you don't like Tarantino you would probably HATE this movie.  This is his most offensive work since Natural Born Killers.  

If you like Tarantino chances are you will love this.  It is his grittiest film and he absolutely nails the 70s exploitation film style that he parodied earlier in this career.  I would not call this a parody, its more of an homage to that style.  
Sergio Leone fans will see nods to the Clint Eastwood spaghetti Westerns too (Hey Blond! You know what you are? Just a dirty son-of-a-b!

Along with Lawless, I think this is the best soundtrack of the year.  

Django unchained is a twisted Western/John Brown fantasy tale about an "uppity" cowboy/bounty hunter/former slave who goes on a quest through Southern plantations to rescue his still enslaved wife.
If you are a Tarantino fan SEE IT IMMEDIATELY.  Otherwise If you like to be shocked, disgusted, and laugh at the same time give it a try.  IF you like boring vanilla, a+b= seen it before movies, go see Monsters Inc or Jack Reacher.

Django and Looper are favorite movies of the year

Morality is temporary. Wisdom is permanent. HST Hypocrite lecteur, -mon semblable, -mon frère!

Quote    Reply   

jokerpace

sergeant first class

#383 [url]

Jan 1 13 1:10 PM

*Best ZDT trailer aired @ Django...  "Nothing Else Matters" rendition gave me chills best part is the last half of the trailer.  propaganda or not it looks entertaining

Morality is temporary. Wisdom is permanent. HST Hypocrite lecteur, -mon semblable, -mon frère!

Quote    Reply   

jj29

sergeant first class

#385 [url]

Jan 20 13 1:31 PM

Call me crazy but the new Dredd was far better than the original. Id almost go as far as to call it a visual masterpiece

Call me silly, but I cant wait for "Jack the Giant Slayer".

Quote    Reply   

ninja

master sergeant

#386 [url]

Jan 20 13 2:00 PM

Call me crazy but the new Dredd was far better than the original. Id almost go as far as to call it a visual masterpiece
Call me silly, but I cant wait for "Jack the Giant Slayer".

-jj29

You're not alone. Dredd was pretty badass and bloody. Stallone's version was terrible so it's not farfetched to think so. Diane Lane and Joan Chen were the only things I liked about it.

I've noticed a big trend with fairytale movies lately. Red Riding Hood, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, Snow White and the Huntsmen and now Jack the Giant Slayer. Looks pretty good so far but we'll see. When is a Humpty Dumpty movie gonna be in the works?

Quote    Reply   

jj29

sergeant first class

#387 [url]

Jan 20 13 9:18 PM

Yeah, there have been a lot of fairy tales being made into motion pictures. Only one I saw so far was Snow White which was not bad.

But the commercial i saw for Giant Slayer looked kind of interesting

BTW, wasnt that Sandra Bullock that was in Dredd? been a while since I saw it
And lastly, very true.... just sayin it was better than the original really dosnt say much considering the original sucked ass, so I will rephrase.....the remake was pretty dam good

Quote    Reply   

jj29

sergeant first class

#389 [url]

Jan 21 13 2:05 PM

Nah you're thinking of Demolition Man. Different futuristic Stallone movie. Haha.

-ninja

thats right ha ha

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jj29

sergeant first class

#390 [url]

Jan 28 13 10:45 AM

Tarantino (Unchained)
Djano 
"The 'D' is silent hillbilly."
This movie blew my mind.  Leo is great.  Jamie Foxx is great.  Of course Christoph Waltz is fantastic.  Samuel L. Jackson is disturbing and hilarious.  Don Johnson is an excellent and humorous racist.
If you don't like Tarantino you would probably HATE this movie.  This is his most offensive work since Natural Born Killers.  
If you like Tarantino chances are you will love this.  It is his grittiest film and he absolutely nails the 70s exploitation film style that he parodied earlier in this career.  I would not call this a parody, its more of an homage to that style.  
Sergio Leone fans will see nods to the Clint Eastwood spaghetti Westerns too (Hey Blond! You know what you are? Just a dirty son-of-a-b!
Along with Lawless, I think this is the best soundtrack of the year.  
Django unchained is a twisted Western/John Brown fantasy tale about an "uppity" cowboy/bounty hunter/former slave who goes on a quest through Southern plantations to rescue his still enslaved wife.
If you are a Tarantino fan SEE IT IMMEDIATELY.  Otherwise If you like to be shocked, disgusted, and laugh at the same time give it a try.  IF you like boring vanilla, a+b= seen it before movies, go see Monsters Inc or Jack Reacher.
Django and Looper are favorite movies of the year

-jokerpace

Saw it this weekend
movie was great. I watched it twice it was so good, and certain scenes were still running thru my mind at work today.
And yeah it had a good soundtrack.
Btw, I didnt even know Don Joihnson was in it. Im assuming he was Big Daddy? that was a funny character, I think Tarrantino was trying to portray him as a pimp of that modern day LMAO
Great movie. So funny, yet so hard to watch at times for the shameful way people used to act back in that era

Quote    Reply   

yeoldhippy

master sergeant

#391 [url]

Mar 19 13 10:44 PM

I rented the new Lord of the Rings movie.I can see it comming.Same as the first 3.Third movie they Kill the Dragon and it goes back to the way it was.Ho Hummmmmm.

Quote    Reply   

numberone

sergeant first class

#392 [url]

Jun 16 13 5:16 AM

During ABC's coverage of the NBA Finals, TV spots have aired for the upcoming film Elysium--however I only need to see the spot once to convince me to look forward to watching this movie. The film takes place in the year 2154, and in that time, Earth is a borderline wasteland; ruined and overpopulated. Orbiting around the earth is a metropolis called Elysium, which is free of poverty, crime, war, and hunger, among other trials. This film is seen as a futuristic take on the "Occupy" movements; as only the wealthy live on Elysium while everyone else is on Earth. Those on Earth are eager to escape and head to Elysium, but the high-level citizens there will stop at nothing to protect their luxurious lifestyle; even going as far as enforcing anti-immigrant laws. Matt Damon stars as Max DeCosta, who is looking to head to Elysium to cure his terminal cancer, but he faces several obstacles in his quest--the biggest one coming in the form of the evil Secretary Delacourt, played by Jodie Foster. in fact, one website described Jodie's role as a "villainous one-percenter." This film also stars Sharlto Copley (District 9, The A-Team) and Alice Braga (I Am Legend), and is directed by Neill Blomkamp, who directed District 9 and also wrote and co-directed this film. Elysium hits theaters on August 9:

Quote    Reply   

ninja

master sergeant

#393 [url]

Jun 24 13 1:57 PM

Man of Steel
Awesome movie. Snyder did a brilliant job the vision of the movie and it was beautiful artistically. The cast was superb. Really liked how Snyder changed up Superman's story to adapt to the modern age while still keeping it classic. Can't wait for the sequel.

8.5/10

Quote    Reply   

numberone

sergeant first class

#394 [url]

Jun 24 13 2:27 PM

ninja wrote:
Man of Steel
Awesome movie. Snyder did a brilliant job the vision of the movie and it was beautiful artistically. The cast was superb. Really liked how Snyder changed up Superman's story to adapt to the modern age while still keeping it classic. Can't wait for the sequel.

8.5/10

There's going to be a sequel? smiley: happy

Quote    Reply   

jokerpace

sergeant first class

#395 [url]

Jun 25 13 8:18 PM

numberone wrote:
During ABC's coverage of the NBA Finals, TV spots have aired for the upcoming film Elysium--however I only need to see the spot once to convince me to look forward to watching this movie. The film takes place in the year 2154, and in that time, Earth is a borderline wasteland; ruined and overpopulated. Orbiting around the earth is a metropolis called Elysium, which is free of poverty, crime, war, and hunger, among other trials. This film is seen as a futuristic take on the "Occupy" movements; as only the wealthy live on Elysium while everyone else is on Earth. Those on Earth are eager to escape and head to Elysium, but the high-level citizens there will stop at nothing to protect their luxurious lifestyle; even going as far as enforcing anti-immigrant laws. Matt Damon stars as Max DeCosta, who is looking to head to Elysium to cure his terminal cancer, but he faces several obstacles in his quest--the biggest one coming in the form of the evil Secretary Delacourt, played by Jodie Foster. in fact, one website described Jodie's role as a "villainous one-percenter." This film also stars Sharlto Copley (District 9, The A-Team) and Alice Braga (I Am Legend), and is directed by Neill Blomkamp, who directed District 9 and also wrote and co-directed this film. Elysium hits theaters on August 9:

I've been waiting for Elysium.  I really think it has the potential to be a good movie, or at least a cult classic.  

I don't know if the audience is gonna get what they expected to from the trailer.  I didn't see District 9 but its obvious Blomkamp has a hard-on for the whole "alienation of social classes" theme.  Thats why I say it might flop at the box office but be a good movie...  I just hope it isn't down right terrible.  I don't know who Copley or Braga are but the credits of The A-Team and I am Legend do not impress me at all.  I'm just crossing my fingers this is as good as it COULD be.  I know mindless blockbusters are necessary for studios to fund less commercial films but the studios know audiences will pay to see crap just to sit inside an air conditioned movie theater... 

I haven't seen Man of Steel yet but I'm reserving judgment 'till I see it.  

Last Edited By: jokerpace Jun 25 13 8:20 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#396 [url]

Jul 7 13 10:59 AM

Man of steel, It repeated the history too much, there wasnt enough action. I went and saw World War Z a week later. It was a better story and action throughout. Go see that one.

Quote    Reply   

numberone

sergeant first class

#397 [url]

Sep 19 13 5:16 AM

I was very elated when I learned that a sequel to the 2011 Fright Night remake was coming out, and the reason for that is simple: the sequel to the original film featured a female vampire. The original Fright Night came out in 1985, followed by a sequel in 1989 that featured Julie Carmen as Regine Dandridge, the vengeful sister of the deceased Jerry Dandridge. Below is a trailer to the straight to DVD sequel, Fright Night 2: New Blood, which stars Jaime Murray as the evil Gerri Dandridge, a college professor who is actually a wicked vampiress. Of course, Jaime is known for her roles in Dexter and Warehouse 13, and currently plays on the SyFy series, Defiance. In a recent interview, Jaime said that her character in the film will be very sexual, and she was not kidding. According to the synopsis, Gerri will be after Charlie Brewster's girlfriend, Amy. Yes, Charlie and Amy are back, as is "Evil" Ed. So not only does the film feature a sexy and villainous female vampire, but she'll be lusting after the lead female as well. OH BOY!!! The film comes out on DVD on October 1:

Quote    Reply   

numberone

sergeant first class

#398 [url]

Nov 14 13 4:56 PM

Just a few days ago, the teaser trailer to the upcoming Disney film, Maleficent was released. I learned several months ago that Disney was cooking up this live action adaptation to the Sleeping Beauty tale, only in true modern day fashion, the film is being told from the point of the villainess of the story. And as if it wasn't epic enough, the titular role is being played by the one and only Angelina Jolie. I've wanted to see Angelina play a villainous role for a long time, and she truly fits the role of Maleficent. I've seen this trailer twice for two reasons; becanse I've waited so long to see it, and because I loved how demonic Angelina looked in her costume. However, I and others looking forward to this film will have a long wait ahead of us. Maleficent, which also stars Sharlto Copley and Elle Fanning, hits theaters on May 30, 2014:

Last Edited By: numberone Nov 14 13 5:04 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help