Remove this ad

Lead

May 7 11 6:37 AM

Tags : :

As most will be arriving from Rapidboards, I thought I'd put this post together to make the transition a little easier for everyone.  And should hopefully answer a few questions some may have.

First and foremost, when you register, it will say 'username or email'.  Don't put in your email.  Instead, put in the username you want to have.  If you put in your email, it will be public and there for all to see.  Oh, and I cannot modify people's names, nor can sugarbritches, so make sure you put in the name you want to use, or you'll have to delete the account (or we will) and re-register.

Second, the PM system is different.  There is no message limit here, which is a good thing.  Also, the format is a little different.  It's just like forum format.  One person will start the message and then that and all other proceeding messages can be seen.  It's  just like posting in a thread.  You won't have to quote someone anymore, etc.  It's easy, and it's convenient.

Thirdly, there will be some people missing from the anchor threads and such.  Although molly has been doing a great job of updating them, some will get overlooked.  If you notice one missing, feel free to let a staff member know immediately and we'll take care of it.  Forum staff is listed to the right under the recent posts.

There's probably more I should add to this, I will as I think of stuff.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

nonblogger

staff sergeant

#6 [url]

May 10 11 11:14 PM

About the missing left part of the screen: I notice that this is not happening to me with firefox, but it is happening with internet explorer, opera and chrome.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 11 11 5:06 AM

I PMed gambit about this yesterday, and noticed the same thing for me with IE vs. Firefox. . . . last I heard, he was going to check the support forums and see what he could figure out.

Never allow someone to be your priority when you are their option. You know, I really don't want people to spoil my delusions with reality.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 11 11 1:38 PM

IE fix.

Click 'tools', 'compatibility view', then add this site to the compatibility listing, wait a little bit, and it should refresh and display correctly.  I know it works because I did it with my own IE browser.   When I find a fix for Safari and Chrome, I'll let you know

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

May 11 11 1:42 PM

Actually, don't even bother.  I did find another fix on my end.  It 'should' display correctly for all browsers now.  Someone let me know if it isn't.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

May 11 11 2:34 PM

Thanks, Gambit!!  Looks good now in IE

If I could +10 for Karma!!!  grin

Never allow someone to be your priority when you are their option. You know, I really don't want people to spoil my delusions with reality.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

May 12 11 6:10 PM

Why does it say a few of these pages have been around for 8 or 9 months?

-daved

I think because they have been.  It's just a guess, but when Rapidboards started giving issues a while back, being the good Admins/Mods that we have, they probably tested out a few forum sites as back-up plans. Moving an entire board, and hoping folks follow is not a simple task, and I'm guessing they were hoping to not have to need/use a different forum, but wanted to have something ready in case it was.  With all the Malware issues that came up on Rapidboards, they were able to open up/use this new board faster than they would have been able to if they had had to start from scratch.

BUT, as a disclaimer, that's JUST a guess (in case I hadn't said that yet!). . . . .

Quote    Reply   

sparty

sergeant major

#18 [url]

May 13 11 7:35 AM

Board is much better with the new design 
One thing I realized is you can post a full-size cap and the board automatically resizes it to a big thumbnail. So you can click on the oic for a full size  

Thank sugarbritches for the avatar, thank God for Ainsley

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

May 13 11 2:28 PM

I think because they have been.  It's just a guess, but when Rapidboards started giving issues a while back, being the good Admins/Mods that we have, they probably tested out a few forum sites as back-up plans. Moving an entire board, and hoping folks follow is not a simple task, and I'm guessing they were hoping to not have to need/use a different forum, but wanted to have something ready in case it was.  With all the Malware issues that came up on Rapidboards, they were able to open up/use this new board faster than they would have been able to if they had had to start from scratch.
BUT, as a disclaimer, that's JUST a guess (in case I hadn't said that yet!). . . . .

-pjane1031

Yup, she's right on.  Thanks for explaining that for me, lol!

Quote    Reply   

sparty

sergeant major

#20 [url]

May 14 11 12:11 AM

Molly Line is not represented in the Fox section 

Thank sugarbritches for the avatar, thank God for Ainsley

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help